Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Cody Says - Wrestlemania 30 Rant.

A lot of stuff going on this week and I felt the need to post a blog earlier than I planned, so let's get to it.



This first topic you will only be interested in if you watch professional wrestling, so if you don't might as well skip this part. I saw the news today that CM Punk, arguably one of the most popular WWE superstars quit today. I do NOT think that it is part of the WWE script due to it is not on the WWE website and the report first broke by TMZ. CM Punk reportedly quit because he was pissed at his Wrestlemania usage this year, and the fact that Batista was scripted to Main Event Wrestlemania over him. I wish he didn't quit but I 1,000 percent agree with him. According to rumors, CM Punk was set to face off against Triple H at Mania. While Batista would be wrestling for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Against Randy Orton or Brock Lesnar (according to rumors). This is the 30th Anniversary of Wrestlemania, it is supposed to be the biggest Wrestlemania ever. But this is turning out to be the biggest Wrestlemania flop in a long time. Wrestlemania 20, 10 years ago was amazing. You would think that they would want to top that. So let me tell you what is the rumor that the matches at Wrestlemania 30 will be. The main event will be Batista vs Randy Orton or Brock Lesnar (this is not clear yet). The Shield will face one another in a triple threat match. CM Punk will face off against Triple H. John Cena & Daniel Bryan will team up with Hulk Hogan to face The Wyatt Family. The tag team championship will be on the line in a Fatal 4 Way ladder match The New Age Outlaws defending against The Rhodes Brothers, The Usos and The Real Americans and Big E Langston will defend his Intercontinental title against Ryback. Those are the rumors, usually around this time 90 percent of the rumors are true. Now some of the matches are intriguing The Shield triple threat should be interesting and continue the push of Roman Reigns (big fan of him, he is gonna be big) The ladder match is an interesting one as well. But I do not see the Ladder match being completely true, I am thinking there will be a different format for the 4 teams. Here is where my problem lies. John Cena, Daniel Bryan & CM Punk are your biggest money makers, they are the fan favorites. Now although CM Punk doesn't like it, I was okay with his match with Triple H because we've never seen it before. But I think he deserved to be in the main event over someone like Batista. Tag Team matches, especially 6 man tag matches are dying fast. They are not matches that fans crave. To throw your two biggest stars in Cena & Bryan, in a tag match at WRESTLEMANIA is absolutely ridiculous. Just because you want to utilize Cena & Hogan together. Now, fans may get mad at me for saying this but I've never been a fan of Hogan, and I don't see why he is so important to use. If you want to use him, use him in one on one situation against someone else. Ultimate Warrior is being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year, so why not have them face off. I know Hogan has back trouble but make the match as least physical as possible. Daniel Bryan is on the rise and he deserves a Wrestlemania moment especially at 30. I truly believed that he was going to win the Rumble this year, and go on to face Orton & Cena. Yes, I thought they would have a triple threat situation for the title having Bryan as the winner of the match. OR they could of set up him vs his trainer and mentor HBK which would of been an amazing match to watch, but from what I understand HBK was asking too much and WWE was not willing to comply. John Cena is arguably the face of the WWE, for most people he is the first person that comes to mind when you mention WWE. Throwing him in a tag match at the WWE biggest event of the year is wrong. I truly thought if not the triple threat match I thought he would be the one to challenge The Undertaker's streak this year. To be honest, I do not like the fact that the most impressive streak in the WWE was never challenged by the two biggest stars of the previous Era. The Rock & Stone Cold. From what I heard, Undertaker wants to make Wrestlemania 30 his last match. So in my opinion you should have your biggest star of this era send off one of your biggest legends. John Cena is the only logical choice I think to challenge the streak in Undertaker's rumored last match. This Wrestlemania has every fan scratching their head wondering which way is up or why Vince McMahon does not listen to his fans. If I was in control of Wrestlemania, this would be my Wrestlemania 30 card. Give me feedback on what you think.



Randy Orton vs CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Title

John Cena vs The Undertaker

Batista vs Brock Lesnar

Reigns vs Rollins vs Ambrose

Big E vs Ryback

New Age Outlaws vs The Usos vs The Rhodes Brothers vs The Wyatts (Rowan & Harper)

Bray Wyatt vs Seamus (I know that is out of no where but just trust me)


That would be basically my card IF it were solely up to me. Some matches you may agree with, some you may not but you have to admit, my card is way better than the WM 30 card that is rumored. I do not know what has happened to the WWE over the past few years. I mean you finally got The Rock vs Cena, not once but twice. You were on a roll and then just went into a downward spiral. Batista is the man who put a big wrench into things, the dude should of just remained focused on his MMA career he was trying to have. Tell me this, if he doesn't come back, who wins the Rumble? Bryan or Punk most likely no one else would make sense. Ever since I was little I have been a huge fan of the WWE. Jeff Hardy & The Undertaker being my favorite guys. And I have always been impressed with matches they put together at Wrestlemania nearly every year. I thought the HBK vs Kurt Angle match up at Wrestlemania 21 was ingenious a match I never thought of. I thought having two of the most dominant super stars in the Hell In A Cell match face each other at Wrestlemania in HHH & Undertaker was also a nice move. Although that match would of been a lot better back in the TV-14 days. This PG stuff is really starting to ruin the matches that used to be brutal to watch. I know no one will believe this because WWE is a billion dollar company but I PROMISE if the WWE continues down this road, In 10 years WWE will no longer exist. It will be flushed down the toilet. I firmly believe that the "Road To Wrestlemania" season should play into what interests the fans. Not the company, the rest of the year I understand, you do what you want, the champ is who you want it to be etc. But during this season, this is the season you need to make the fans happy. Now, the biggest Wrestlemania in 10 years and you are making it an absolute flop. I am appalled and ashamed to call myself a fan of the WWE right now and I am hoping that CM Punk quitting, has them wake up. You still have time to change it. Make it to where Brock Lesnar "takes out" Batista and he can't compete at Mania. Then you can manuever whether you want to throw Punk in the mix or Bryan or both. What better excuse to have for a triple threat/fatal four way match for the title than having the Royal Rumble winner taken out? You have 2 months to rectify it or watch what could be the biggest event in the companies history, flush down the drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment